The relationship of
In consideration of the fact that, this relation was ancient
and significant, came the establishment of the Islamic
Facilities of the Center Premises: They comprise the following:
Mosque: This was built on the style of
· ** School: This educational institution, which is officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, consists of classes ranging from kindergarten to secondary stage.
· Library: This is replete with a number of Islamic reference books and journals in Arabic, Spanish, French, and English.
· Assembly Hall: This is a modern style-conference hall, furnished with advanced interpretation system for live languages, and having a seating capacity for more than 500 individuals.
· Exhibition hall: This is a hall which furnished with the means required for display of various art works.
· Zahra Restaurant: It is a luxurious Arabic restaurant that serves its customers with daily distinctive Arabic meals at reasonable prices.
· Cafeteria: This is situated at an appropriate site and serves customers with tea, coffee and Arabic confectionery.
· Gymnasium hall: It is furnished with training apparatus for physical fitness and muscle building.
These comprise the following:
· Concern with the affairs of Muslim community
· Acquaint the Spanish community with the tolerance of Islamic religion via organizing cultural participations , conducting of symposiums and delivering of lectures that expound the teachings of Islam as well as making active and constructive media contribution at Spanish newspapers, radio and TV channels with a view to rectifying the distorted image of Islam.
Center’s Activities: This is composed of various aspects of Dawah, cultural, educational, and social and media activities as per programs and strategies developed and applied by the centers and detailed as follows:
These are as follows:
· School for Non-Arabic Speakers: This accommodates 50 enrolled students at either evening or weekend classes.
· A weekly two-hour class for the Spanish new converts comprising training courses that are intended to teach them principles of Islam with specific emphasis on creed and jurisprudence.
· Deliverance of special classes to Spanish Muslims for elevating their level of knowing Islamic religion and refuting allegations and suspicions leveled against it.
· Giving Juma Khotba (Friday Congregation ceremony) and ceremonies of the two Eids (Greater Barium and lesser Barium) in Spanish language.
· Fostering close cooperation with the Spanish universities for provision of researchers and students with correct information about Islam and Muslims.
· Promoting cooperation with center’s library and the Spanish academic institutions and universities for making available for researchers and students the required research service.
· Distributing Islamic literature and publications as well as copies of the Holy Qur’an in Arabic and Spanish languages.
· Conducting series of symposiums as well as cultural and literal lectures that concern the Muslim community for the public Spanish as well as for those concerned with the Arabic culture.
and participating at symposiums, lectures and conferences that serve the
objectives of the center whether inside or outside
Religious and Dawah Activities:
Among the first duties of the center are the regular observance of the five prescribed daily prayers as well as celebrating religious rituals, memorization of the Holy Qur’an and teaching Muslim children and adult principles of Islam.
These are represented in rendering of material assistance to needy families; the elderly, widowed and divorced as food stuff are distributed over more than 200 families.
Other social activities are as follows:
· Woman activities: These include sewing, qualification of woman, organizing of social symposiums as well as Qur’anic recitation and memorization circles.
· Exhibition: The Center organizes a number of various exhibitions at the rate four ones per annum.
· Sports Activities: The Centers organizes training courses on Karate and taikundo under the supervision of highly qualified trainees.
· Media Activities: The Center makes regular contacts with both Spanish and international media apparatus for clarification of the correct image of Islam and Muslims as well as the questions that frequently crop up about Islam and reception of individual and group visits.